To qualify as a Pioneer...
Arizona Pioneer – ARS 41-923: A person of good character is eligible to be admitted to the Arizona Pioneers’ Home who:
- Is and has been, for a period of five years prior to their application for admission, a citizen of the United States.
- Has been a resident (need not be continuous) of Arizona for not less than fifty years.
- Has reached the age of seventy or more years.
- At the time of admission, is ambulatory, has proper bowel and bladder control and is able to bathe, clothe and feed himself without assistance.
- At the time of admission, does not require care in a hospital or in a skilled or intermediate care nursing home.
To qualify as a Disabled Miner...
Disabled Miner - ARS 41-942: A person, under the order of the Governor, may be admitted to the Hospital for Disabled Miners who:
- Has been a resident while in the occupation of mining in this state.
- Is a citizen or legal resident of the United States.
- Has reached the age of sixty years or more, and is financially unable to support himself, or has suffered incapacitating injuries arising from and in the course of mining.
Medicare Coverage is required, as well as a Medicare supplemental insurance policy providing physician services and hospital care unless VA services are utilized.
Cost of Care
This is based on a person’s total monthly income.
We have a separate application for Pioneers and one for Miners and there are two parts for both. If you feel you qualify as a Pioneer, feel free to download and print Part 1 of the Pioneers Application below, or call our Admissions office to arrange to receive a copy. If you worked as a miner in the state of Arizona, please call to find out if you qualify as a Miner and to ask for Part 1 of the Miners Application.
Once the application is completed, you will then turn in all Part 1 documents at the same time to be reviewed by our staff to see if an interview will be granted; if granted, an interview will be scheduled as soon as possible. If you pass the interview, you will receive the packet for Part 2 of the Application.
If approved, after all Part 2 documents are received and processed, you will officially be given the offer to become a Pioneers’ Home resident.
Pioneer: Feel free to download and print Part 1 of the Pioneers Application below, or call our Admissions office to arrange to receive a copy. Application for Admission Updated 11.2021
Miner: Please call to find out if you qualify as a Miner and to ask for Part 1 of the Miners Application.
Admissions at APH 928-277-2721