To become a member of the Pioneers' Home family...
- Has reached the age of 70 years,
- Has been a resident of the State of Arizona for not less than 50 years,
- Is and has been a citizen or legal resident of the United States for at least 5 years,
- You must also be physically and mentally able to care for yourself.
To qualify as a Disabled Miner...
- You need to be at least 60 years of age,
- a U.S. citizen and an Arizona resident. Additionally,
- you must have physically participated in mining activities to develop or extract materials from a mine and either suffered an incapacitating injury or illness due to the mining industry or be financially unable to support yourself.
Medicare Coverage is required, as well as a Medicare supplemental insurance policy providing physician services and hospital care unless VA services are utilized.
Cost of Care
This is based on a person’s total monthly income.
Pioneer: Application for Admission Updated 9.2021
Miner: Please call 928-277-2721 for the Miners Application.
Resident Handbook Updated 2.2018