To become a member of the Pioneers' Home family...
- You need to be at least 70 years of age,
- an Arizona resident for at least 50 years,
- and a U.S. citizen for at least 5 years.
- You need to be physically and mentally able to care for yourself.
To qualify as a Disabled Miner...
- You need to be at least 60 years of age,
- a U.S. citizen and an Arizona resident. Additionally,
- you must have physically participated in mining activities to develop or extract materials from a mine and either suffered an incapacitating injury or illness due to the mining industry or be financially unable to support yourself.
Medicare Coverage is required, as well as a Medicare supplemental insurance policy providing physician services and hospital care unless VA services are utilized.
Cost of Care
This is based on a person’s total monthly income.